- This 3 hour session involves intensive 1-2-1 work focusing on all areas of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- The session starts with a brief "fact finding" conversation to clarify the delegate's key strengths and weaknesses and the areas of work where communication impacts the most.
- The delegate is asked to bring a prepared presentation (no longer than 5 minutes) which is then worked on using a "filming and feedback" format.
- A variety of exercises are introduced that focus on the key areas of learning and that the participant can take away and use for future improvement.
- The aim is that the delegate leaves the session with a clear understanding of what he/she needs to improve and has the tools to implement these changes.
Small Group Work
- This 1-day workshop is entirely interactive and looks at all areas of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- The morning is spent on the "foundation module" - a series of games and exercises that deconstruct and reconstruct the key areas of communication. This session is both fun and challenging and also serves as a great team building session.
- The second half of the day involves the "filming and feedback" model in which all delegates have at least 2 opportunities to be filmed and have specific feedback. Not only do they learn from seeing themselves but watching others also proves a valuable exercise.
- The aim is that each delegate leaves the session with a clear understanding of what he/she needs to improve and has the tools to implement these changes.
Large Group Lecture Demonstration
- This can last up to 2 hours and involves a partially interactive lecture demonstration looking at all areas of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- The delegates will leave with a clear understanding of what makes communication effective and why. However, time/group size constraints mean the session will not deal with individual specific learning points as would be the case in Options 1 and 2 above.
Equipment: For all the above, camera equipment is provided and a playback facility if required.
Victoria has been delivering training in both the education and corporate sectors for 14 years. She has worked extensively with the Royal Shakespeare Company delivering training for their education department in schools both in the UK and the US. She has also worked with the Mousetrap Foundation in London delivering workshops in inner city schools. As a voice coach she has worked with teachers across the UK helping them understand good vocal technique and voice preservation. Other clients include: JP Morgan; Chase; Roche; Spencer Stuart; Citigroup; NHS.