We Are GDPR Compliant
This policy explains what information VeriSelect Ltd (aka VeriSelect) collects, why it is collected, how it is used and stored by VeriSelect, how it is disposed of and your rights to access to your own personal data held by VeriSelect.
During the course of our activities, VeriSelect processes personal data. This is held electronically.
VeriSelect recognises the need to treat all personal data in an appropriate and lawful manner.
As the dedicated Data Protection Officer (DPO), Angela Forsyth, Director ensures that guidelines published in the EU's GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679), which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, are strictly adhered to including any domestic laws which may subsequently be enacted.
Personal Data is collected from Clients (Schools and Parents) and Candidates (Teachers and Tutors) for the purposes of managing recruitment assignments.
Personal Data requested, but not exhaustive, from Clients as reflected on Veriselect's Client Registration Form and Enquiry Form (accessible via veriselect.com).
- Name and postal address
- Mobile number(s)/ direct dial work phone number(s)
- Contact email addresses
- Child’s full name
- Child’s date of birth
- Child’s current school
Personal Data requested, but not exhaustive, from Candidates as reflected on Veriselect’s Candidate Registration Form, Job Application Form and Enquiry Form (accessible via veriselect.com) and CVs may include some or all of the following depending on the status of an applicant registration/application with regard to a specific appointment:
- Name and postal address of Teacher/Tutor
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Enhanced DBS number and date
- Passport number
- Contact details of professional referees
Why We Need This Information
- To undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with terms of Contracts / Agreements.
- To enable Veriselect to supply services and information which have been requested.
- To analyse the information we collect in order that we are able to administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services offered.
- To contact you in order to send you details of any change in arrangements which may occur and which will affect you.
- All other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Information Sharing With Third-Parties
The information which is provided to Veriselect by Clients and Candidates will be treated as confidential by Veriselect and will only be processed by third parties acting on the company’s behalf as follows:
- If Veriselect enters into a joint venture with or merged with a business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
- If you request so by giving your written permission for specific information to be shared with a third party.
- If required to do so by law.
- Other than the above Veriselect will not share, sell or distribute any of the information provided on the Client Registration Form, Candidate Registration Form, Candidate Job Application Form or Enquiry Form.
Storage Security of Personal Data
Veriselect understands and fully complies with security of personal data.
Veriselect password security
- Without exception, Veriselect’s directors and Associates keep their personal passwords strictly confidential.
- At Veriselect those with permitted access to personal date must always use their own personal passwords to access computer-based services.
- Passwords are not saved using automated logins.
- Temporary passwords are changed at first log-on or whenever there is any indication of possible system or password compromise.
- Passwords are not recorded on paper or in an unprotected file.
- All passwords contain a minimum of six letters and numbers and are each created as "difficult to guess".
Personal Data Security
- that all data which can be accessed from a staff PC or removable media equipment is kept secure.
- the accuracy of any personal, sensitive, confidential and classified information you disclose or share with others.
- that personal, sensitive, confidential or classified information is not disclosed to any unauthorised person.
- the security of any personal, sensitive, confidential and classified information contained in documents that are copied, scanned or printed.
- that no personal, sensitive, confidential or classified information is posted on the internet or disseminated in any way that may compromise its intended, restricted, audience.
- that individual screen displays are kept out of direct view of any third parties (who do not have access permission) when personal, sensitive, confidential or classified information is being displayed.
- that removable media that may hold personal data is disposed of securely.
- that hard drives from machines, no longer in service, are removed and stored securely or wiped clean.
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by Veriselect;
- require Veriselect to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to delete what personal data of yours is held by Veriselect
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact angela[at]veriselect.com
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, Veriselecr asks that you contact Angela Forsyth (email address above) to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to Veriselect’s use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Last published on: Tuesday, May 1, 2018