This position has been filled by Veriselect. If you're interested in a similar position, please get in touch with Angela Forsyth.
3009 - Director of Teaching and Learning
- Location: London
- Start: January 2019
- School Type: Independent School
Dallington School is seeking an outstanding individual with significant primary teaching and curriculum development experience to take up the new position of Director of Teaching and Learning.
A rare opportunity to join an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ independent school in the heart of London. Founded in 1978, Dallington is an exciting and dynamic family-run school whose ethos and approach to teaching and learning is driven by a passionate commitment to child-centred, topic based, cross curricular learning in an open environment.
As the new Director of Teaching and Learning, you will work closely with the Headteacher and your colleagues in the SMT to create and embed a whole school approach to Teaching, Learning and Assessment which is in keeping with the ‘Dallington Way’. You will be leading a team of loyal, able and enthusiastic staff who, like children and families past and present share the founding head’s vision.
- Responsibility for academic standards, delivery of the curriculum, and the review and implementation of necessary policies
- Monitoring and supporting teaching staff performance in the classroom
- Managing and developing all staff working towards the principles embedded within the Early Years Foundation Stage, through support, motivation and example, including appraisal
- Maintaining curriculum overview, both shape and content, through regular liaison and meetings with teachers, advising and recommending developments as necessary
- Co-ordinating baseline testing, standardised tests, external school examinations and assessments including CAT tests
- Documenting results and maintaining records using Early & Primary Essence
- Liaising with the SENCO and Learning Support Teacher
- Organising preparation and delivery of reports to parents
- Contributing to general SMT duties and to the teaching timetable
- A creative, well-qualified graduate teacher with significant experience in primary education (Independent or maintained sector)
- Evidence of wide knowledge of childhood development
- Evidence of innovative and effective whole school/phase curriculum leadership
- Able to demonstrate a supportive, collegial style of leadership
- Able to build appropriate professional relationships with all stakeholders through excellent interpersonal skills
- Committed to non-selective, co-educational independent education
- Imaginative and flexible; calm and patient, with well-developed listening and communication skills (verbal and written)
- A positive, 'can-do' approach
- Proficient in the use of IT software/relevant school-based package
Sept 2018/by January 2019 at the latest
Attractive, competitive, leadership scale plus contributory pension
For further information about this exciting Teaching & Learning Leadership role, please click the 'Apply for this job' button and send your CV and covering letter to Dallington School's Recruitment Adviser, Angela Forsyth, Director, VeriSelect. Initial interviews via Skype.
Initial enquiries: If you would prefer arrange an informal conversation to discuss the role and the school before submitting your CV, please phone Angela on 07957 552373.